LOYALTY APP MONTHLY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
LOYALTY APP MONTHLY CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA, AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO CANADIAN LAW. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (“CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
• be a legal resident of Canada
• be of the age of majority in his/her province of residence or older at time of entry and have internet access. Employees, officers and agents of 2428391 Ontario Inc. (“Sunrise Records” or “Sponsor”), each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members or immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. In these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons and daughters, whether or not they reside in the same household. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, or administrative or other error of any kind.
2. DEADLINES FOR ENTRY. The Contest begins at 9:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, January 11th, 2019 and closes on Tuesday, December 31st, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET. (the “Contest Period”)
3. HOW TO ENTER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To be eligible to win the Prize (defined below) as indicated, each Entrant must navigate to the ‘App Store’ or ‘Google Play’ on their mobile device and download the ‘Club Sunrise’ app. Entrant must also accept to be bound by the Contest Rules to officially enter the Contest. All entries (“Entries”) must be submitted no later than the end of the Contest Period. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Entries will only be accepted via Internet. No Entries will be accepted by any other means. Incomplete, late or garbled Entries will be disqualified. Entries will be declared made by the authorized holder of the email account. Each potential winner (“Winner”) may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof of identification and eligibility (birth date) and proof that the potential Winner is the authorized holder of the email account associated with the winning entry.
4. PRIZES. (referred to herein as “Prizes”). There are twelve (12) prizes available to be won, each prize consisting of
• a Sunrise Records gift card, valued at $100 CAD
Approximate retail value of each individual prize is $100.00 CAD.
5. WINNER SELECTION. As per the schedule outlined below, on each “Contest Period Draw Date” at approximately 12:00 p.m at the offices of the Sponsor in Ancaster, ON, the potential monthly winner will be selected in a random draw of all eligible entries received up to the “Contest Period End Date” (below). Each selected entrant must meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the selected entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected.
|Contest Period||Contest Period End Date||Contest Period Draw Date|
|January 1 – 31, 2019||January 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, February 8th, 2019|
|February 1 – 28, 2019||February 28th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, March 8th, 2019|
|March 1 – 31, 2019||March 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, April 5th, 2019|
|April 1 – 30, 2019||April 30th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, May 3rd, 2019|
|May 1 – 31, 2019||May 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, June 7th, 2019|
|June 1 – 30, 2019||June 30th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, July 5th, 2019|
|July 1 – 31, 2019||July 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, August 2nd, 2019|
|August 1 – 31, 2019||August 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, September 6th, 2019|
|September 1 – 30, 2019||September 30th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, October 4th, 2019|
|October 1 – 31, 2019||October 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, November 8th, 2019|
|November 1 – 30, 2019||November 30th, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, December 6th, 2019|
|December 1 – 31, 2019||December 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm ET||Friday, January 10th, 2020|
The chances of being selected to win a Prize in each Contest Period depends on the total number of eligible entries received up to the Contest Period End Date.
Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant will be required to: (i) comply with all Contest Rules with compliance being at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; (ii) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question as described below; and, (ii) sign and return a Release Form (as described below).
SELECTED WINNER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY EMAIL NO LATER THAN 2:00 pm ET on the Contest Period Draw Date set forth above. Upon notification, the selected entrant must send a response to the email address provided in the notification and the selected entrant’s response must be received within five (5) business days following such notification. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or fails to sign and return the Release Form (as described below) or provide any other requested information within the required time period, or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, the potential winner forfeits the Prize, in which case the Sponsor will choose an alternate entry by random draw from among all remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
Selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Release Form”) that confirms winner’s:
(i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules;
(ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered;
(iii) release of the Sponsor and Prize Provider and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, artists, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and
(iv) grant to the Sponsor of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor’s discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. Sponsor and Prize Supplier will not be held responsible for the loss of any Prize due to changes in mailing addresses, errors in completed Release Forms, or any other circumstances leading to an invalid, erroneous or incomplete mailing address or email address.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules.
The Prizes must be accepted “as is”. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute any portion of a Prize with a prize of equivalent or greater retail value. Some restrictions may apply. Prizes are non- transferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and have no cash value. Neither the Sponsor nor Prize Supplier will replace any lost or stolen prizes. If the actual value of any Prize is less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded. All Prize elements are subject to availability.
All incidental costs and expenses (the “Expenses”) not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the Prize winners. The Prize winners shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Sponsor or Prize Supplier.
Except where prohibited by law, Sponsor and Prize Supplier do not make any representation nor offer any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prizes awarded in connection with the Contest. Each Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he/she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Sponsor or Prize Supplier should the Prize fail to be fit for any purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to waive all rights with respect to print and broadcast publicity. By entering the Contest and accepting a Prize, the winner hereby consents to the reasonable use by Sponsor of the winner’s name, age, photograph, voice, likeness and/or image, city and province/territory of residence, worldwide and in perpetuity, without any further compensation, for any future promotional activity in connection with this Contest.
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that the Releasees shall bear no responsibility whatsoever with regard to any claims, liability, damage, injury, accident, loss and/or misfortune related to any aspects of the Contest, the Prize, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession and delivery of the Prize, participation of winner in any Prize related activities, printing errors, claims based upon publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, and for certainty, Releasees shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property resulting from participation in this contest or any prize, including the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize, or the merchandise for which it is redeemed (if applicable). further, by participating in this contest, entrants agree that Releasees have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages) to persons or property resulting from: a) entry or participation in this contest, including access to and use of the contest website, or b) any claims based on personality or privacy rights, defamation or merchandise delivery.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of registration or entry information which may affect an entrants’ inability to get through on the internet during the promotion or ability to participate in the Contest, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user’s system occasioned by participating in the Contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify or suspend a contest for any reason, including without limitation in the event of any printing, administrative error, virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Sunrise Records and its sponsors are not responsible for preemption, cancellation, or interruption, in whole or in part, of any Sunrise Records contest related programming.
FACEBOOK. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, you completely release Facebook of all liability in connection with this Contest. Any information you submit in connection with the Contest is not collected by Facebook.